Pages

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Pomegranate and Pear Salad

This is a healthy fruit salad- with no fat and very low calories- that too because of the little honey I've added in it and also because of the little calories the fruits naturally have! It was sweet and sour and had a tinge of tangy flavour as well. It was perfect as a fruit salad with the tangy dressing over it!


I was out to the kitchen, hunting for a snack in the evening! After, finding nothing, I was obliged to have fruits. But I never like fruit in their real form. So, I had to change their form into a delicious salad and hence I created this yummy salad. At first I was trying to make something to drink, but couldn't do so because of the lack of ingredients in the kitchen. Finally, I made this salad. You, could have this at almost any time of the and you can even carry it in your tiffin to your office if you're on diet. You can even pack this for kid's tiffin if you want them to have something healthy.

 This is a full package of  Iron, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Vitamin B-6 and Calcium.But, make sure you use lemon juice if you want to carry this in tiffin, otherwise the pear will turn black! I didn't have lemon so I added water in the dressing. Also, I consumed it immediately, so it was ok in my case.

Prep Time: 5 min   Cook Time: 2 min

Serves: 1

Ingredients:

Pomegranate Seeds- 1/2 cup  [Take 1/2 cut pomegranate]
Pear- 1/2 cup chopped into small chunks [One Small Pear]
Honey- 1 tbsp
Water/ Lemon Juice- 1 tbsp
Black Pepper- as per taste
Salt- as per taste
Chaat Masala- 1/2 tsp

Method:

  1. Make the dressing for the salad, by taking honey in a bowl and adding water, black pepper, salt and chaat masala in it. Mix it well and your dressing is ready,
  2. Add both the fruits, i.e. Pear and Pomegranate seeds into the dressing and mix well so that each seed of pomegranate and each chunk of pear is coated with the dressing.   

Pictorial:

Take all the ingredients

Take a bowl

Add honey


Add the spices


Add water/ lemon juice

Mix well 

Add chunks of pear

Coat it well with the dressing

Add pomegranate seeds
Mix everything very well

The salad is ready to be eaten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Responding! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...